Report Writer – Dynamics GP Hands-On Training Seminar
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
(must be present both days)
People who want to modify existing reports or create their own custom reports using Report Writer. The class is targeted toward application administrators, implementers, and end-users of the Report Writer application who need to understand the technical aspects of Report Writer and gain foundation knowledge of the application functionality and capabilities.
$900/person. Training workbooks included.
Before attending this class you should have some working knowledge of Windows 2000 or Windows XP and SQL Server 2000, and a basic understanding of Microsoft Dynamics GP modules and database storage techniques.
This two-day Microsoft Dynamics GP course on Report Writer helps prepare students to set up and begin to use Report Writer. It focuses on the different ways to configure the application in a networked environment. It focuses on how Report Writer can be used to customize reports to best meet your needs. You learn how to modify existing reports or create custom reports to maximize the information you receive from the accounting system. Students completing this course should have a good basic understanding of Report Writer functionality and capabilities. You’re welcome to bring an existing report as a package file on a CD if you wish to use that as your sample during class.
After completion of this course you should be able to:
- Determine the setup configuration you want to use for Report Writer
- Identify where modified reports are stored and how to limit access to certain reports using Microsoft
Dynamics GP security
- Create user-defined sorts and restrictions so information appears in the order desired, and only the
information you want appears on a report
- Understand general report layout functionality
- Place text, report fields, graphics, and other items on a report layout
- Modify existing reports to better fit their reporting needs
- Design custom reports to access important application data
- Identify the sections of a report and how to add additional headers & footers
- Link tables together so reports can be developed using multiple data tables
- Create user defined links for related tables that have common keys
- Create user-defined fields by using calculated and conditional expressions
- Understand how Field Options can be used to generate needed information
- Import reports between report dictionaries using the Customization Maintenance window functionality
- Report Writer Overview
- Report Definition Window, Sorting, and Restricting
- Report Layout Window, Columns, and Graphics
- Linking Tables and Additional Headers and Footers
- Array Fields, Field Options, and Calculated Fields
- Planning a Report
- Defining Table Relationships
- Data Types, Formats, and Strings
- Report Scheduler
- Customization Import and Export Capabilities
Note: Financial statements are not formatted using Report Writer, and will not be covered in this course.
Call 901-382-1634 to reserve a seat or complete the form below: