Inventory Control – Dynamics GP Hands-On Training Seminar
TBD (September or October)
8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
$495/person. Training workbooks included.
The Microsoft Business Solutions–Great Plains Inventory Control course explores all aspects of the Inventory module from the initial setup of inventory items and the multiple methods of valuation supported, to the types of inventory transactions available and the tight integration to the Purchase Order Processing and Sales Order Processing modules.
You will learn how to control inventory challenges and maximize your company’s net profits based on the way you do business. This course shows you how to define default inventory account numbers, COGS, variances, sites, product classes, valuation methods and more, which will improve efficiency and cut down on costly data entry errors. This course shows you how to group items for pricing, promotional, or analytical purposes and by type, such as finished goods, raw material, component, and more. You will learn how to quickly find information such as inventory quantity on hand, quantity available, quantity on back order, costs, and list prices, and where to drill down to transaction details. You will learn how to manage multiple sites, multiple bins within sites, negative quantities, and lot/serial numbers. You will see how Lot/Serial Number tracking is streamlined during inventory transaction entry.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- See how the Inventory Control module fits into the suite of Great Plains modules
- Follow the flow of transactions through Inventory
- Personalize the module to your needs
- Add item classes and enter beginning balances
- Set up item codes and characteristics to better track throughout the system
- Differentiate between batch posting and transaction posting
- Enter Inventory transactions, transfers, and variances
- Generate and enter stock counts
- Transfer items between bins
- Change valuation methods, costs, and prices of existing items
- Remove bins, delete item records, and remove historical data
- Complete the processes that are performed at the ends of periods
- Use SmartList to access valuable sales data
- Setup Procedures
- Daily Procedures
- Maintaining Records
- Period-End Procedures