Home / Support Resources / MMR Do’s and Don’ts
- DO NOT use special characters such as ( – / : | ‘ % “ $ & \ ) in row format, column layout, tree, or catalog IDs. Doing so may contribute to the corruption of the report.
- DO save a report prior to generating if any changes have been made to a catalog. Protect your reports by saving before generating!
- DO NOT forget that the MMR has the export feature, which can be used to create copies and backups of specific building blocks. This can be used to transport report information from site to site and can become extremely valuable if you need to restore a report.
- DO ensure that the Management Reporter database is backed up as part of your routine network backup procedure. This backup is invaluable in situations in which data must be restored.
- DO look in CustomerSource TechKnowledge if you get any errors.