Payables Management – Dynamics GP Hands-On Training Seminar
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
The class is targeted toward data entry clerks, administrators, office managers, CEO’s, and consultants who need to understand the technical aspects of Microsoft Dynamics GP Payables Management and gain foundational knowledge of the application functionality.
$495/person. Training workbooks are included.
Before attending this course, students should have a general knowledge of Microsoft Windows and knowledge of accounting principles.
This one-day Microsoft Dynamics GP Payables Management course delves into the accounting cycle and the processes required to enter vendor invoices and process checks. This course also shows you how to perform additional functions such as adjustments, prepayments, year-end closing, and cash flow control.
A thorough understanding of these topics allows you to capitalize on vendor discount dates to reduce payable liabilities and easily select “the right” vouchers for payment by date, vendor, number, or custom query to control your cash outlay. You will learn to use comprehensive reporting features to present data in different ways, including many standard reports such as Aged Accounts Payables, Vendor Trial Balance, and Vendor Check Register. This course also teaches you how to define default values that automatically populate data fields and gather the information you need to make better business decisions by exploring powerful inquiry and lookup functions.
At course completion, students will be able to:
- Perform all Payables Management related data entry functions including vendor invoicing, check processing, recurring vouchers, and manual checks
- Perform maintenance on payables management documents and other records such as vendors and recurring invoices
- Select documents for payment and make appropriate adjustments to payment amounts prior to check processing
- Print standard reports to verify data and financial analysis for audit trail purposes
- Identify the impact of the Payables Management module on other Microsoft Dynamics GP modules
- Troubleshoot and correct input errors including an incorrect posting period and how to void checks
- Payables Management Overview
- Setup Procedures
- Daily Procedures
- Maintaining Records
- Period-End Procedures